This classic southwestern-style beef dish is a perfect low fat supper, so long as you use fat-free sour cream.
- 3/4 pound boneless beef round, trimmed and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 fat-free whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 tbsp fat-free sour cream
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
Combine lime juice, cumin, chili powder and garlic in a glass dish. Add beef and toss to coat. Cover with wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove beef strips and discard marinade.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat tablespoon of oil. Add beef strips, bell peppers and red onion, stirring and tossing until beef is cooked - about 5 minutes.
Divide fajita mixture among four tortillas. Garnish with salsa, fat free sour cream and cilantro, and roll them up. Serves 4.
Per Serving: Calories 253, Calories from Fat 61, Total Fat 6.7g (sat 1.2g), Cholesterol 52mg,Sodium 269mg,Carbohydrate 25.8g,Fiber 11.4g, Protein 22.2g
- Created on .